BSRC provides the following services:
- Free and impartial Information advice and guidance on range of issues including welfare, housing, immigration, schools and employment. We do not give legal advice but general advice, information and guidance.
- Putting on training activities, which lead to, enhanced job opportunities, social interaction and reduction in isolation.
- Advice and support on job search skills and CV writing
- Support to Somali community in its needs and to agencies, stakeholders and other parties in engaging with and supporting the Somali community
- Opportunities for Somali people to share their experience through networking and mutual support and to develop skills and confidence
- Promote greater integration and cohesion at a neighbourhood and citywide level between Somali communities and long standing communities by facilitating open access activities that enable the sharing of culture and customs.
- Run community allotment project
- Providing an advocacy service for the Somali community during office hours and at weekends..
- Providing and signposting service users to health and wellbeing services (including exercise, walking groups and gardening projects)
- Organising community events which inform and update the community with regard to accessing mainstream services such as social care, health, education, housing and security.
The service is open to all, but has a focus on supporting the Somalian community in Bristol to advance and to develop one’s self to become independent.
BSRC also offers a range of services to organisations needing or wanting to engage with the Somali community.